The Last Banana

Uncaring Chimp, your table is ready! I'm R.E.Tard, and I'll be your waiter tonight. Our daily special is the "Pointless Rambling Platter", served with a huge Waste of Time, and a generous dollop of Stupidity, all completely meatless for those who prefer to vegetate. Bon appetite!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseburg, Oregon, United States

I've outlived John Lennon over twenty years now, and I'm still a fucking waste of life. Oh well. Maybe the radiation from Fukushima will make me into an X Man!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Let the good times roll

Our long national nightmare is over. Let the healing begin. I gotta admit, I NEVER thought this would happen. I feel a little like Neo waking up in his pod filled with goo. This here shit is mighty surreal. I know; how could anyone believe that anyone anywhere could vote for a pathetic joke of a ticket like McCain/Palin. Well let me tell you brother, I live deep in Bush country, and the "Keep Amerika Strong, Vote Republican" signs are pretty much the ONLY campaign signs one sees here abouts. I also vividly remember the last two elections, so forgive me if I just can't believe what has happened today.

Tonight, more than ever, I think I might be going insane. Because I just can't help feeling that everything is rigged. Don't get me wrong, I want to believe. I want to hope. Damn it man, I WANT TO BE PERKY! But it just isn't in my nature. My nature is to doubt and distrust and wait for the boot to be put in. My generation was subjected to A-Bomb drills in school, saw two Kennedys and a King shot to death, sat helpless as Ford pardoned Nixon, lost John Lennon to an assassin, were downgraded from "personnel" to "resources" to "human capitol" and oh shit, the Reagan-Bush-Clinton-Bush years! Well, I'm still not sure how I feel about the Clinton years.

Oh, it's been a long strange ride, and it ain't over yet. However, I am prepared to allow myself the luxury of enjoying some small guarded optimism, even though, judging by the reaction of my co-workers tonight, the whole global warming situation could be exacerbated by the heat of numerous crosses burning tonight.

Well, no matter what happens from here out, I voted for the lesser evil (at least I hope he was the lesser evil) and he won, so I can't complain. Well, yes I can. And I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home