The Last Banana

Uncaring Chimp, your table is ready! I'm R.E.Tard, and I'll be your waiter tonight. Our daily special is the "Pointless Rambling Platter", served with a huge Waste of Time, and a generous dollop of Stupidity, all completely meatless for those who prefer to vegetate. Bon appetite!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseburg, Oregon, United States

I've outlived John Lennon over twenty years now, and I'm still a fucking waste of life. Oh well. Maybe the radiation from Fukushima will make me into an X Man!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Reading is Fun-da-mental

The Last Banana

You mylar sixteen tons of books, and what do you get? Really, really bored, that's what. But here's an interesting book, "First Democracy" by Paul Woodruff. Here's what I learned from the dust jacket: Seven Prerequisites for democracy; Freedom from tyranny (including tyranny of majority rule, oh help!), Harmony (blending of differient views), Rule of Law, Natural Equality, Citizen Wisdon (good luck with that one, eh?), Reasoning Without Knowledge (I think they used to call that logic) and General Education (I guess we can kiss that one goodbye). Acknowledging the validity of this list, can one honestly say with a straight face the George W. Bush is really qualified in any way to spread democracy? Or Peanut Butter? Well, it will probably be a moot point after WWIII anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home