The Last Banana

Uncaring Chimp, your table is ready! I'm R.E.Tard, and I'll be your waiter tonight. Our daily special is the "Pointless Rambling Platter", served with a huge Waste of Time, and a generous dollop of Stupidity, all completely meatless for those who prefer to vegetate. Bon appetite!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseburg, Oregon, United States

I've outlived John Lennon over twenty years now, and I'm still a fucking waste of life. Oh well. Maybe the radiation from Fukushima will make me into an X Man!

Saturday, November 07, 2015

I Need My Pain.

As I get older...MUCH older...and drunker, I have come to LOVE Star Trek V. Is this a sign of impending Alzheimer Disease? I will not debate that now, as I'm close to passing out, but despite my initial reaction to viewing this film at the time of it's release (which was to cringe, weep and pray that this would not be the last movie to remember my childhood heros by), on repeated viewings, while admittedly under the influence, I have come to RESPECT certain philosophical points made by Captain Kirk: His distrust of Divine Authority Figures in general, and in particular, his acceptance of PAIN and GUILT.

Like any good Jewish Son, Kirk says Guilt and Pain are the things that make us who we are. He is RIGHT.
Pain and Guilt trigger our empathy. Without empathy, we are all sociopaths living only for ourselves, and negating all that is human within us. Yes, that which does not kill us DOES make us stronger, and it makes us more human as well, and keeps us connected with all that there is, or was, or ever will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home