The Last Banana

Uncaring Chimp, your table is ready! I'm R.E.Tard, and I'll be your waiter tonight. Our daily special is the "Pointless Rambling Platter", served with a huge Waste of Time, and a generous dollop of Stupidity, all completely meatless for those who prefer to vegetate. Bon appetite!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseburg, Oregon, United States

I've outlived John Lennon over twenty years now, and I'm still a fucking waste of life. Oh well. Maybe the radiation from Fukushima will make me into an X Man!

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Life Is Like A Fairy Tale

But not a cute one, with Scottish Ogres and gingerbread men , although god knows we have our share of talking jackasses. More like a vicious German story by the Brothers Grimm, where the enchanted horse gets his head nailed over a bridge.

I myself had a magical mirror moment just this morning when I saw glaring back at me "So-White and the Seven Rolls". 54 and more white hair than brown now. And when did I get so bloated and haggard? Because, really, deep down inside, I still feel like I'm ten years old, even though it's been a while since I ran around playing horsey. Why do I look like my driver's licence photo? If it's the beer, well, then there's nothing to be done about it. But I suspect it's caused by reading the news...

63 die in Indian temple stampede for free clothes and utensils.

Starving panda found eating meat and bone matter from Chinese farmer's pig sty.

"Atom Smasher" restarts.

So many school shootings, so many earthquakes.

Recall of Girl Scout Cookies?

That's enough. Gotta go work on my bloat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ray Librandi said...

Jesus, R.E., you are sounding quite melancholy. Okay, let's look at the hair thing first. So your hair is white. Be thankful that you have any hair at all. And white is a color. As for looking old, never view yourself first thing in the morning. We older gents always look better come evening time. And lastly, the bloat. I myself am currently losing 50 pounds and will probably compete in a bodybuilding show once again at 52. You can lose that weight if you truly choose to. I am serious on this matter and if you'd like to know how, email me at me personal mail and I will tell you how to do it. As for the state of the world: There's always France!

March 4, 2010 at 4:18 AM  
Blogger uncaring _chimp said...

Oh Ray, I've already been fit and fabulous in my misspent youth, and look where it got me. But you might be right about France...the country that gave us existentialism. I might fit in there, and I've always admired their "I give up" attitude. Gonna start saving up for a passport right now!

March 4, 2010 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Ray Librandi said...

let me know what the weather is like in France. I might just join you. Me and the wife talk about it all the time.

March 10, 2010 at 4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home